Friday, January 25, 2013

My Oscar Picks

There are still a few I have to see before I can make a top ten films of 2012 list, but I thought I'd share my picks for the 85th Academy Awards.

1) Best Picture: Argo 

2) Best Director: Ang Lee- Life of Pi 

3) Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis- Lincoln 

4) Best Supporting Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman- The Master 

5) Best Actress: Jessica Chastain- Zero Dark Thirty 

6) Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway- Les Misérables 

7) Best Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino- Django Unchained 

8) Best Adapted Screenplay: Tony Kushner- Lincoln 

9) Best Animated Film: ParaNorman 

10) Best Foreign Film: Amour 

11) Best Visual Effects: Bill Westenhofer, Guillaume Rocheron, Erik-Jan De Boer and Donald R. Elliott- Life of Pi 

12) Best Cinematography: Roger Deakins- Skyfall 

13) Best Costume Design: Paco Delgado- Les Misérables 

14) Best Original Score: Mychael Danna- Life of Pi 

15) Best Original Song: Adele- Skyfall 

16) Best Film Editing: William Goldenberg- Argo 

17) Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Peter Swords King, Rick Findlater and Tami Lane- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 

18) Best Production Design: David Gropman (Production Design); Anna Pinnock (Set Decoration)- Life of Pi 


Other very noteworthy films I've seen this year include Flight, Cloud Atlas and Prometheus. Unfortunately, I have yet to see Beasts of the Southern Wild, but it is certainly on my list. And although 2012 was a great year for movies, there were plenty of stinkers we had to suffer through nonetheless (i.e. Wrath of the Titans, Battleship, Red Dawn, and the deplorable Twilight conclusion Breaking Dawn: Part 2). Thanks for reading, and I look forward to what's playing in 2013. 



No comments:

Post a Comment